Saturday, March 13, 2021

Creating Bookworms Introduces Dolly


 " Words and language are magic." A quote from The Upside Down Boy. I believe this story is a great example of the power of books.

    I began my blog journey, Creating Bookworms many years ago. Teachers were first getting connected with others from all around the world.  I was excited to be able to learn and connect with so many amazing educators. My love for learning creates a desire to share with others.

   I have not always been a reader. As a child, I struggled learning to read. 23 years ago, I began teaching 7 year olds to read. Teaching a variety of grade levels in a few years inspired me to constantly observe, research and find ways to create bookworms in my class.

   Throughout my journey, I have taught grades K-5. My experience as a mom of two boys provided me with the opportunity to experience the journeys of learning to read through their eyes.  

   Dolly is my golden retriever. We have been learning as a team and have become a certified therapy team.  Together we will inspire others to grab a book. I look forward to seeing the impact Dolly has on little ones learning to read.

    Kate DiCamillo says it best. " Stories connect us." My goal is to share our journey through sharing stories with others. My hope would be for you be inspired and curious about the books we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment